Lead Project Engineer
Location: Irvine, CA - Europe
Experienced Project Engineers entering the DVE organization are responsible for overall engineering leadership and coordination of projects from conception to completion. Projects can focus on DVE’s Total Telepresence communication systems. Projects can range in size from small ($250 thousand to $5 million) to large (> $5 million), and can be located within the United States or abroad.
Experienced Project Engineers new to DVE are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in their engineering function and in the project process and offer guidance to less experienced engineers. Guidance from an experienced DVE project professional will be provided in order to develop a complete understanding of the DVE project process and how to implement it.
As the leader of a project team, the project engineer is expected to network, coordinate, and collaborate with other team members and specialists, including engineering contractors, to provide front-end loading (preliminary engineering) and detailed production engineering for a complete and cost effective project design. Leadership responsibilities include monitoring and reporting progress, controlling project scope, scheduling, budgeingt, providing oversight, and auditing performance and productivity of engineers and designers throughout project cycle.
Project engineering responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Provide project leadership to designers, less experienced engineers, and contract engineers.
- Lead the engineering teams to develop conceptual design, perform detailed analyses and engineering, and develop the basis for detailed production design.
- Lead the engineering team to prepare discipline scopes of work, estimates, specifications, and detailed integrated project schedules.
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams to design and implement new facilities and upgrade existing processes consistent with business objectives.
- Ensure compliance with DVE Project Processes and Best Practices.
- Ensure appropriate resources are engaged to prepare conceptual and definitive estimates and lead estimate reviews.
- BS in IT technology or other engineering discipline with 12 years demonstrated experience leading small and large projects
- Real world experience implementing networks used for videoconferencing
- Advanced oral and written presentation skills
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point software packages
- Advanced interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage work and undertake multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional Engineering registration is a plus
Send resumes to: info@DVEtelepresence.com
DVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer